[et_pb_section admin_label=”section” transparent_background=”off” allow_player_pause=”off” inner_shadow=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”off” custom_padding=”0px||0px|” padding_mobile=”off” make_fullwidth=”off” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”on” make_equal=”off” use_custom_gutter=”off”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_image admin_label=”Image” src=”https://leangreendad.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/10MexicanSalad1-e1493383809567.jpg” show_in_lightbox=”off” url_new_window=”off” use_overlay=”off” animation=”off” sticky=”off” align=”center” force_fullwidth=”off” always_center_on_mobile=”on” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”] [/et_pb_image][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
When I heard the word “salad” before I started making them myself, I felt kinda sad! Not that the actual salad made me sad, but the thought of eating just a salad as my meal became rather depressing. Would this really fill me up for a full meal? Would I get enough protein? Well, I am happy to scream loudly YES as I share my favorite Mexican-inspired salad with you. This salad is best made in large bowls and can satisfy everyone at a party looking for a healthy option at the buffet. The colors are vibrant and appealing to almost everyone and the taste will blow you away! Your kids might be a bit resistant at first to eating salad due to the texture, but remember those marketing tips at the beginning of the book and they will be all set after a few tries. Don’t give up!
- One (1) large pack of Amy’s Organic, triple-washed spinach or mixed greens of your choice
- Three (3) 15oz. cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- Three (3) organic cucumbers washed, sliced, de-seeded and diced into small pieces
- Three (3) assorted organic peppers washed, sliced, de-seeded and diced into small pieces
- Two (2) bags of non-gmo, organic corn from the frozen section (let thaw or microwave for 2 minutes)
- A few onions of your choice for the top
- Choose your salad dressing (vegan if you can) and you are on your way to a salad that will entertain up to ten guests or last you for three or four days if you don’t apply dressing to the entire salad all at once. Enjoy!
Leave A Comment